A reciprocal donor kidney transplant
What is a reciprocal donor?
A reciprocal donor means the participation of the other patient and the other donor in the organ transplant center of the hospital in which he is treated. The opportunity for a kidney transplant is for patients and donors to share their kidneys with one another. This condition is called reciprocal kidney transplantation and is also known as “sibling kidney.”
In other words, reciprocal donor kidney transplant: It is in the case of patients who do not have identical donors, because the blood type and tissue do not match the blood type among their relatives. The center receives a reciprocal donor with a matching kidney.
The mechanism of work of the Organ Transplant Center regarding the reciprocal donor and the preparation of the file for patients:
- The patient and the donor who do not match from the family visit the organ transplantation center, where we start medical consultations and examination, and conduct tests and analyzes where they are diagnosed again at the center.
- We perform all the tissue matching analyzes for the patient and the donor again in the organ transplant center.
- After the results of the examinations and matching analyzes are issued for the patient and the donor, in addition to consulting doctors through an examination, a decision will be taken in the Organ Transplant Board on the tissue mismatch between the patient and the donor.
- The Council of Organ Transplant Doctors decides to upload the patient and donor file to reciprocal donors.
- Exclusively, all the files of the treated patients are in the Organ Transplant Center.
- In the organ transplant center, especially in the administrative section, the names of patients are registered in relation to the reciprocal donor.
- The Organ Transplant Center performs this procedure for patients and donors from the same family when they do not have the opportunity to obtain a kidney from their relatives and there is no other family donor to donate to the patient.
- The patient and donor file are registered so that the reciprocal donor kidney transplant is approved.
- When someone from patients and donors, especially from their families, want to give their kidneys, the family’s consent must be obtained.
- The organ transplant center determines for all patients the reciprocal donor that the patient receives.
- Patient files are followed up in the organ transplant center according to the laws of the Ministry of Health, where they are well monitored. This type of treatment exception is applied to patients who suffer from tissue mismatch with the donor from the family.
A reciprocal donor kidney transplant
If the patient and the donor from the family fulfilled the conditions of the Ministry of Health, all analyzes and final diagnostic tests are performed on the patient and the family donor for the kidney transplant. As a result of the examinations and after the meeting of the Council of Organ Transplant Doctors at the Organ Transplant Center.
It is clarified in the patient and donor file that there is no match in the protein composition (HLA) tissues, antibodies and a cross match between the patient and the donor, and they do not have the opportunity to obtain kidneys from their relatives, as well as the absence of another donor from the family to donate to the patient.
Note: A prerequisite for the treatment of organ transplantation in Turkey and many countries of the world is compliance with the decisions of the Ministry of Health, which stipulate that the patient and the donor must be from the same family and be exclusively relatives.
A major requirement for organ transplantation in Turkey (liver, kidneys) is that the patient and the donor are from the same family exclusively, where the degree of kinship in the table is as follows:
|Organ Transplantation center- Liver and Kidney Transplant|
|The main requirement for organ donation ( Liver, Kidney) in Turkey is that the recipient and the donor must be from the same family, the degree of relation as followed:|
|Father, Mother, Children||First degree|
|Grandfather, Grandmother, Brother, Grandchildren||Second degree|
|Uncle, Aunt, Cousin||Third degree|
|Note: we will not respond to yours questions regarding organ transplantation if the donor is not a family member for the listed above.
In case of inability to have a donor from the list above, and in order to save the patient’s life we enlist the patient into RESPORICAL DONAR PROGRAM.
For more info. Please visit our website:
For advice and inquiries, please fill in the information on this link:
For inquiries and consultations, you can communicate directly with the medical consultants on WhatsApp or Viber numbers:
0090 536 228 23 90