The patient in Turkey Healthcare Group is entitled to the following rights:
- Be fully aware of their own rights and responsibilities
- To receive the best possible health care regardless of race, religion or nationality and to respect his beliefs, customs, traditions and spiritual and religious needs
- The doctor must choose the therapist and he is entitled to request another medical opinion in the same speciality if he wishes to do so in accordance with the procedures and regulations of the hospital.
- Identifying the identity and professional status of his clients as well as the doctor responsible for his treatment
- Obtain a comprehensive explanation and complete information about his diagnosis, care plan, treatment and expected and desired outcomes, as well as the opportunity to ask any related questions before signing any form that he decides to approve.
- Receiving the appropriate assessment of his health condition and obtaining the best possible treatment during his stay in the hospital.
- He/She refuses to undergo a certain examination or surgical intervention, and has the right to leave the hospital on his own responsibility in accordance with the procedures followed in the hospital.
- To have full privacy and to maintain the confidentiality of its medical and non-medical data and information while receiving medical care compliant with the rules and regulations of health care in Turkey.
- Obtaining copies of diagnostic papers or medical reports at his request
- A request for transfer to another hospital, to be transferred if his/her medical condition (or condition qualifies him/her) allows him/her to be transferred to another hospital.
- Be aware of the estimated treatment, including details of hospital stay, procedures and examinations, and other health care services sufficiently
- To express his opinion freely in the services provided to him/her and to submit any questions or inquiries related to the practice of medicine or to make complaints and to receive treatment in a healthy and secure environment.
It is clear what the patient’s responsibilities are during the period of treatment, so patients and their families are expected to adhere to the following responsibilities towards the hospital so that those concerned can provide the desired services that are satisfied:
- Provide doctors, nurses and other hospital caregivers with adequate and accurate information on the nature of the disease, the history of treatment and the current and previous treatment.
- Cooperation with all concerned hospital staff and request an seeking explanation in the event of unclear procedures or instructions
- Not taking any medication that has not been prescribed by the attending physician
- Full compliance with the hospital’s rules and regulations in case of refusal of any diagnostic, therapeutic or surgical procedures or staying in the hospital
- Respecting the rights and respect of the feelings of patients and medical staff working in the hospital as well as other visitors
- The obligation to pay for the costs of treatment and services provided during the stay in the hospital and before discharge from the hospital or to obtain the approval of the payment authority and the contractor with the hospital.
Your knowledge of this list of rights and responsibilities allows you to:
- Become an effective member and assistant to the medical team treated in the stages of your treatment
- Get the right and complete information at the right time about your health problem
- Better understand the treatment plan and know the side effects of treatment, expected complications and options available to you
- The possibility of making clear choices before signing any approval decisions for treatment
- Help your processing team better understand your needs and interests
- Help your treating team provide safe and effective care in a timely manner
- Helping your hospital to be a safer environment, less spread of infection, and avoid any possible complications or medical errors.
- Help shorten the length of stay in the hospital, which contributes to reducing the cost of treatment