Speech disorders can affect according to the way a person is created, sounds to form words, some voice disorders may also be considered speech disorders. One of the speech disorders is stuttering. Speech disorders include the inability to speak and Dysarthria.
- Apraxia: It is the motor speech disorder caused by damage to talking parts of the brain.
- Dysarthria: It is the motor speech disorder in which the muscles of the mouth, face, or respiratory system may become weak or difficult to move.
Some people with speech disorders are aware of what they want to say but are unable to express their thoughts. This may lead to issues of self-esteem and the development of depression. Speech disorders can affect adults and children.
Causes of speech disorders
Speech disorders affect the vocal cords, muscles, nerves and other structures inside the throat. Which includes
- Vocal cord damage.
- Brain damage.
- Muscles weakness.
- Respiratory system weakness.
- Polyps or nodules on the vocal cords
- Vocal cord paralysis
People who suffer from some medical or developmental conditions suffer from speech disorders and the most important of these disorders are
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- mouth cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Huntington’s disease
- Mental disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Speech disorders can be hereditary, and may develop over time.
Symptoms of speech disorders
- Repeated voices that are often seen by people who shutter.
- Adding additional sounds and words.
- Elongation of words.
- Making convulsive movements during speaking and usually involves the head.
- Flash several times while speaking.
- Frustration is evident when trying to communicate.
- Taking frequent breaks when speaking.
- Distorted sound when speaking.
- Hoarseness, speaking in a harsh voice.
For inquiries and medical advice about your treatment, “You just have to send all the medical information, tests, analyzes and written information about the condition of the disease, etc. by via social media, whats app and viber or you can directly contact our consultants via the numbers on the site.
After taking all the information required, we will assess the condition of the disease within only 24 hours of receiving your information and will provide you with all information about the treatment plan, details of treatment, treatment costs, duration of stay in Turkey and other services in our center.