Rheumatism is one of the diseases of the immune system that affects different parts of the human body, where chronic inflammation occurs in the joints and connective tissues causing swelling and severe pain for the patient. Rheumatism is caused by a malfunction of the immune system. Instead of protecting the body from bacteria or viruses that attack the body, the immune system attacks connective tissue inside the joints and other organs of the human body such as the lungs, skin, eyes, heart, and blood vessels, and as a result of this inflammation bones erosion occurs and malformation of joints, and in severe cases, rheumatism causes a physical and functional disability for the patient.
Kinds of rheumatism
- Type 1: Non-inflammatory diseases, where joint erosion occurs without inflammation in the surrounding tissues, including degenerative bone erosion and osteoporosis.
- Type 2: – Inflammatory diseases that affect the bones, joints, and muscles, and are divided into two types:
- Non-articular inflammatory diseases: affecting connective tissue and muscles, for example, scleroderma, lupus erythematosus, Sjögren’s syndrome, and other diseases.
- Non-articular inflammatory diseases: affect the joints and the surrounding tissues, for example rheumatoid arthritis, gout, rheumatic fever, heart rheumatism, ankylosing spondylitis, Cushing’s syndrome, and other diseases.
Factors that increase the incidence of rheumatism disease
- Gender: – It was found that the infection rate among females is higher than that of males
- Age: Although rheumatism may occur at any age, it is more common to occur between the ages of 40-60 years.
- Genetic history: The presence of a person with rheumatism increases the likelihood that their relatives will develop the disease.
- Bacterial or viral infection, as is the case with rheumatic fever
- Constant exposure to cold and moisture
For inquiries and medical advice about your treatment, “You just have to send all the medical information, tests, analyzes and written information about the condition of the disease, etc. by via social media, whats app and viber or you can directly contact our consultants via the numbers on the site.
After taking all the information required, we will assess the condition of the disease within only 24 hours of receiving your information and will provide you with all information about the treatment plan, details of treatment, treatment costs, duration of stay in Turkey and other services in our center.