Pediatric Surgery Centre
The international center for pediatric endoscopic and microscopic operations
Newborn and pediatric surgery center
What is pediatric surgery?
Turkey Healthcare Group Center for Pediatric Surgery works on diagnosing and treating pediatric and urinary tract problems. The main fields of interest are non-cardiac thoracic surgery, oncological surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, endocrine surgery diagnostic and interventional laparoscopic procedures, laparoscopic surgeries and pediatric thoracoscopy.
At Turkey Health Care Group Center, which offers you care in all pediatric medical specialties as follows:
- Pediatrics emergency medicine.
- Pediatric Surgery department.
- Congenital defects and urinary tract department.
- Pediatric Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department.
- Newborns and nurseries department.
- Pediatric chest and allergies department.
- Glands and diabetes department.
It has a distinguished medical team and expert doctors in pediatric surgery with all pediatric surgical procedures from childhood to teenage (0-14) years.
The principle of working with the pediatric surgery team is to work in a very painless way for the child and does not harm his psychological development.
Our medical staff includes some of the most skilled pediatric surgeons who are able to diagnose cases with ultimate precision and provide the best treatments and superior care to patients.
Starting from the postpartum days until the age of 18, the diagnosis of diseases that require pediatric surgical intervention before, during and after surgery. In recent years, interest has increased due to the congenital diseases that can be diagnosed early by the surgeries that can be performed in the womb.
After an average of six years of training, pediatric surgeons begin to work in their fields of expertise. The human body, which is constantly growing and developing from the period of the newborn to teenage, has different characteristics suitable for each period. Again, due to different diseases of age groups and the need for continuous nutrition, a completely different course is used in the diagnosis and treatment of methods that we use for adults, for example while an adult patient who cannot be fed orally does not take blood serum for hours, does not affect the course of disease much, even a half-hour delay for a pediatric patient under the same circumstances, can endanger his life. Likewise, the dosages of the antibiotics used, the type of anesthesia given, the quality of surgical instruments used and the gentle tissues of a pediatric patient are evidence that pediatric surgery is a specialty in itself.
The center also offers diagnosis and treatment for the following conditions:
- inguinal hernia.
- Removing the hydrocele on the testicle.
- Testicular tumor removal.
- Undescended testicle.
- Testicular torsion.
- Stomach pain in childhood, especially caused by appendicitis.
- Congenital intestinal obstruction (Hirschsprung’s disease or Congenital megacolon)
- Anal deformity, imperforate anus
- Umbilical hernia
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Cholecystitis and gallstones
- Accident injuries
- Bone and joint problems
- All congenital anomalies
Turkey Health Care Group provides you with all pediatric operations by surgical, microscopic, endoscopic and robotic techniques Turkey’s finest hospitals.
Some advantages about pediatric surgical, microscopic, endoscopic and robotic techniques are as follows:
- Highly secure – the body is subject to minimal surgical shock in the case of small wounds and very little loss of blood.
- Minimal scars – most wounds require only one or two stitches to close the wound, as the length of the wound in pediatric operations with limited surgical intervention ranges from only 2 to 5 millimeters.
- Rapid recovery – recovery after traditional surgeries usually takes six to eight weeks, while patients who have had limited surgical intervention need only two weeks to recover.
- Less hospital stays – patients are usually got out of hospital 23 hours after operations with limited surgical intervention, and in other cases surgery is performed in the outpatient clinic.
What diseases are treated in pediatric surgery?
- Congenital anomalies (obstruction of the small intestine – stomach, large intestine, part or all of the heart intestine outside, bladder, adhesions, insufficiency or abnormalities in the arms, legs, hands, and fingers)
- Shortness of breath which starts from birth, foam from the mouth, vomiting, inability to urinate or incontinence.
- Hernia that can be seen in the thigh and abdomen at birth
- One or both testicles are not in the cyst.
- Water-filled cysts that appear in the thigh.
- Painful, red bump in the cyst.
- Hypospadias repair
- Foreskin restoration
- Diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract or kidney stones that cause frequent urinary tract infection.
- Distortions in the rib cage or back
- Neck curvature
- Frequent or painful swelling in the neck, goiter
- Benign tumors called red bleeding or a common angioma in the head, neck, and almost anywhere in the body
- Liver, spleen, kidneys, adrenal glands, stomach, intestine, organs such as bladder, especially during childhood, may occur with benign carcinomas
- All infections inside the abdomen, especially appendicitis, which may occur after abdominal pain, a high temperature, nausea and vomiting.
Emergency or subsequent interventions in situations such as traffic accidents inside or outside the vehicle, and falls from a height.
In our center, we offer the following procedures:
- Esophageal atresia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Chest deformities
- acute appendicitis
- intestinal knots
- Pyloric stenosis (obstruction of gastric outlet in infants)
- Umbilical hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Umbilical hernia
- Anal diseases
- Rectal abscess
- Fistula (proctitis)
- Anal fissure
Pediatric operations with limited (endoscopic) surgery include
- Small bowel resection
- Removing the tumor
- Removing adhesions
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Hiatal hernia
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Testicular / Undescended Testicle
- Testicular torsion
- Ovarian cysts
- Inguinal hernia
For inquiries and medical advice about your treatment, “You just have to send all the medical information, tests, analyzes and written information about the condition of the disease, etc. by via social media, whats app and viber or you can directly contact our consultants via the numbers on the site.
After taking all the information required, we will assess the condition of the disease within only 24 hours of receiving your information and will provide you with all information about the treatment plan, details of treatment, treatment costs, duration of stay in Turkey and other services in our center.