Neurology is the specialty that enables the management of cerebral and muscular diseases as well as the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the peripheral nervous system. Neurological diseases include a large proportion of complaints that apply to general disease hospitals.
Neurology is one of the branches of medicine that is rapidly advancing in diagnosis and treatment thanks to the new possibilities of science, especially in the past 20 years, diagnostic imaging (Pet scan, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI), neuroimaging, nerve conduction study.
With these diagnostic processes, new methods and possibilities arise almost every day in treating neurological diseases therefore, the neurology branch is a dynamic branch of medicine. With the development of new drugs and intensive care facilities in neurology, more ambitious responses in treating diseases can be obtained. Neurologists applying medical or pharmacological treatments receive support from neurosurgery, in cases requiring surgery.
Turkey Healthcare Group provides you with all specialized medical treatments in the Department of Neuroscience, complete services in the field of neurology by following the latest technologies and
developments in the world.
Some of the neurological diseases’ treatments that Turkey Healthcare Group performs are as follows:
- Headache (migraine, tension pain, cluster headache, and chronic headache).
- Epilepsy, absence seizure or grand mal seizure, the epileptic seizures that require surgery.
- Paralysis, stroke or vascular disease in the brain (vascular occlusion, hemorrhage, bubbles and abnormal vessels)
- Forgetfulness (Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, dementia due to vitamin and hormone deficiencies).
- Muscle diseases (myasthenia gravis, myopathy).
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) and other inflammatory brain diseases.
- Brain infections (encephalitis).
- vertigo problems.
- Facial paralysis.
- Spinal diseases.
- Neurological diseases (neuropathy, diabetic neuropathy, and others).
- Carpal tunnel and other neural bottlenecks.
- Sudden acute pains (such as saliva, tongue, and occipital neuralgia).
- Movement disorders (Parkinson’s, dystonia, tremors).
- Involuntary movements (convulsions).
- Sleep related disorders (walking, restless legs syndrome, sleep paralysis).
- Diseases of early nerve cell degeneration, motor neuron diseases.
- Neck, lower back pain and hernia
Headache is a very important condition arising due to various reasons. The correct diagnosis of headaches is very important. There are types of headaches, the most common headache types are migraines and tension headache. There are also headaches caused by brain tumors, cysts, and vascular abnormalities.
Epilepsy is a general name given to a number of disorders where recurrent seizures disrupting normal neurological functions are seen. Epileptic seizures are caused by a group of nerve cells that create recurrent abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Symptoms differ depending on the location of these nerve cell groups.
Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disease which leads to impaired mental performance. In this disease, problems in memory, speech, direction finding and identifying people are experienced, daily tasks cannot be carried out and behavioral disorders can be observed. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common type of dementia. For the early diagnosis, periodic monitoring of brain functions plays an important role. Periodic controls consist of brain function tests such as memory, skill, attention and orientation, mental examination and depression test.
Muscle and nerve diseases
Muscle and nerve diseases are related to our organs. These organs are the spinal cord, nerves from the spinal cord, and the muscles these nerves supply. The disease may be from the muscles in addition to the starting points of the nerves that control these muscles, or the points where the muscles meet. Results may vary depending on the disease location. Overall, the common result is the weakness.
When it comes to neurological disorders, psychological complaints are not intentional. The motor nerves that control the muscles and extremities are mentioned, that is, beginning with the fingers and then progressing. In addition, there may be numbness in feet. Neuropathy can be attributed to many causes such as diseases of the immune system or diabetes.
Migraine is the pain caused by an overgrowth of the veins of the head, mainly caused by a genetic structure. Therefore, the pain is throbbing. The movement increases throbbing by climbing stairs accompanied by vomiting and nausea. Generally, the pain persists for more than 4 hours and restricts activities of daily activities. There are two types of treating migraine and tension pain: pain relief and preventive treatment.
Some of the symptoms of nerve diseases are as follows:
- Loss of ability to speak (speech and comprehension).
- Feeling of empty legs.
- lower back pain.
- Neck pain.
- Balance disorder.
- Loss of balance.
- Loss and numbness in the hand and arms.
- Symptoms of a transient ischemic attack.
- Weakness in the arms.
- Speech disorder.
- Forgetfulness and dementia.
- Gait disturbances.
Some diseases and treatments are as follows:
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Headache due to overuse of pain relievers.
- Headache syndrome.
- Treating fainting Syncope therapy.
- Aneurysm in the veins of the brain (bubble).
- Cerebral hemorrhage.
- Tumors of the brain and spinal cord (neurology).
- What is dementia?
- Functional neurosurgery.
- Pituitary cancer.
- Pituitary gland.
- Muscle and nerve diseases (neuromuscular diseases).
- Migraine therapy.
- Multiple sclerosis and myelin diseases.
- What is myasthenia?
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus.
- Neurovascular diseases.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Pediatric neurosurgery
What is cerebral palsy?
- Spinal muscular atrophy.
- Nervous system and spine surgery.
- Trigeminal nerve.
Screening and applications
- Botulinum toxin applications (migraine and movement disorders).
- Chiari malformation.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG).
- Electromyography (EMG).
- Functional neurosurgery and pain surgery.
- Fluid pool anomalies.
- Hydrocephalus surgery.
- Intracranial hematoma.
- Head trauma.
- Laparoscopic lumbar hernia surgery.
- Cognitive rehabilitation.
- Botox therapy for migraine.
- Neuro-oncology surgery
- Neuropsychological evaluation.
- Neurovascular surgery.
- Spine diseases surgery.
- Peripheral nerve surgery.
- Subdural hematoma.
For inquiries and medical advice about your treatment, “You just have to send all the medical information, tests, analyzes and written information about the condition of the disease, etc. by via social media, whats app and viber or you can directly contact our consultants via the numbers on the site.
After taking all the information required, we will assess the condition of the disease within only 24 hours of receiving your information and will provide you with all information about the treatment plan, details of treatment, treatment costs, duration of stay in Turkey and other services in our center.