Cardiothoracic Surgery Centre
Thoracic cancer surgery center
Laparoscopic Microscopic Robotic Surgery Center
The beating heart of the chest (lung) center of the Turkey Healthcare Group are the certified specialists and experts who have an experience in consulting, diagnosing and treating all diseases of the pulmonary and respiratory system, as well as rehabilitation and counseling to improve the patient’s quality of life during treatment and after it, the doctors and staff work as a team to get the best treatment results.
Surgical treatment according to international standards and treatment in thoracic cancer surgery, operations are performed according to guidelines. Each patient entered to our center is treated separately. Interdisciplinary approach according to other branches.
Doctors (thoracic diseases, radiology, oncology, and radiology, the most appropriate method of treatment in the light of current and scientific data.
Value-added tax (VAT) for minimally invasive thoracic surgery since 2010, and robotic breasts since 2011 have been operating.
The general name of the closed surgical methods that are increasingly used in thoracic invasive surgery is minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
Our minimally invasive breast surgery program, our center is the main center of our country and Europe in this regard. the minimally invasive lung surgery program continues.
The diseases and operations that occur in the thoracic surgery center are as follows:
- Bronchiectasis (abnormal widening of the bronchia)
- Hematothorax (collection of blood in the pleural space)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the head, hands and arms)
- Lung carcinoma (lung cancer)
- Lung emphysema (volume reduction surgery in case of over-inflated lungs)
- Lung metastases (spreading of tumors from outside the lungs)
- Pulmonary nodules
- Metastases or local recurrence in the chest area, e.g. in cases of breast carcinoma.
- Myasthenia with thymic hyperplasia
- Osteomyelitis (discharge from bone region, e.g. ribs, sternum)
- Fungal diseases of the lung (e.g. aspergillus)
- Pleural effusion (collection of fluid in the chest cavity)
- Pleural carcinosis (migration of tumor cells in the pleura)
- Pleural empyema (pleural effusion)
- Pleural mesothelioma (malignant pleural disease, e.g. after exposure to asbestos)
- Pneumothorax (collapsed lung)
- Sternal dehiscence (e.g. after heart OP)
- Thymoma (tumor of the thymus)
- Tracheal stenoses (narrowing of the windpipes)
- Tracheomalacia (‘floppiness’ of the windpipes)
- Tuberculosis (e.g. caverns, pleural TB)
- Tumor of uncertain origin (e.g. benign tumors of the lung, mediastinum of chest wall)
- Diaphragm (e.g. plication in case of weakening of tissue)
- Cysts (bronchia or pericardium)
What are the advantages of minimally invasive surgery?
- The diagnosis is done quickly and accurately and the treatment can start immediately.
- Less pain after surgery compared to open surgeries.
- Small scar and aesthetic, less scars
- Reduced complications and bleeding rate compared to open surgeries.
- Shorter hospital stays.
- Returning to work and social life more quickly.
What are the diseases of minimally invasive breast surgery?
- Thymus surgery (thymectomy)
- Mediastinum cyst
- Diagnostic procedures for the diagnosis of lung nodules.
- Benign lung diseases (bronchiectasis, cystic disease, congenital disease)
- Excision and dissection of the lymph node of lung cancer
- Lung disease surgery (pleural effusion, pleural biopsy, pleural surgery, exfoliation, edema, mesothelioma)
- Hyperhidrosis surgery
A superior experience for minimally invasive endoscopic thoracic surgery for patients diagnosed with early-stage lung cancer and its diagnostic techniques for thoracic video surgery is narrow. Less parts of the lung can be removed, as well as chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Life can be extended without the need.
Minimally invasive thoracic surgery program including oncology cases are performed at our center with VAT at baseline, in cases of undiagnosed cases, the shortest way to get the diagnosis, as well as at the same session this program aims to conduct treatment. The minimally invasive lung surgery program continues.
What is thoracoscopic surgery?
Various surgical procedures from incisions ranging from 1.5 to 2 cm, performed by imagining the internal side of the chest with the assistance of video is a thoracic surgical procedure that is performed using tools.
Effective method to remove the mediastinal masses. The mediastinum between the heart and lungs and the classic operations in this region are usually from the breastbone.
It starts cutting or opening between the ribs. Another area where VAT is done is pneumothorax.
Non-surgical diagnosis of pleural effusion, which means fluid accumulation in the chest cavity and surgical interventions with closed chest surgery for undiagnosed patients. Pleural tumors can also be removed by VAT. esophageal tumors are treated by robotic surgery.
The most important feature of the robotic surgery used in minimally invasive surgery is that it can be done in open surgery. closed maneuvers are made. One surgeon is in the robot console, and the other in this method is with the surgeon next to the patient, small incisions can be made with open surgery. The robot camera is 3D, roads which provides an easy image and deep feeling.
Tissues can be completely removed from surrounding tissues. The number of patients in robotic thoracic surgery increased in March 2001 in the United States. Lung cancer operations in 3 centers around the world after approval. Robotic surgery in the thoracic surgery center has started in October 2011, we performed robotic lung cancer operations.
Our Thoracic surgery center is one of the five leading centers in Europe.
What are the advantages of the robotic surgery system?
What lesions are treated with robotic surgery in thoracic surgery? Click for detailed information.
What distinguishes robotic thoracic surgery from thoracoscopic surgery.
Acute and advanced oncology thoracic surgery requires knowledge and experience. Lung cancer of other organs in the rib cage (diaphragm, trachea, aorta, upper vena cava, it extended to the bones such as the main veins, spine, and ribs), in addition the tumors of esophagus, trachea and mediastinum are widespread.
Cancer and surgical treatment of mesothelioma in severe and advanced thoracic cancer surgery.
Performing these operations requires specific knowledge and experience. Patient choice, if necessary, preoperative radiotherapy or support for chemotherapy, proper use of these techniques, and postoperative patient care is required for treatment. Pain reliever tumor surgery.
Surgical oncology usually includes curative surgery for the lung membrane
excessive fluid accumulation in the chest cavity that may cause severe shortness of breath. Mitigating and applying exercises that prevent fluid from forming ” palliative ” again are examples of supportive treatments. Palliative surgery depending on the location of the cancer, alive, spread and its implementation requires a certain amount of knowledge and experience.
Multidisciplinary meetings, weekly multidisciplinary meetings with the other branches mentioned above as a department of thoracic surgery and we do this routinely.
Solitary pulmonary nodule board:
Solitary pulmonary nodule board with radiologists and thoracic diseases is made every week it. A single pulmonary nodule is less than 3 cm but is a condition encountered. The nodule is caused by the high rate of malignant diseases (cancers) that it stands out. The nodules are tested radiologically in the board, the patient’s lifestyle, history and family history of the nodules in a short and reliable manner.
Every week, a radiology council is organized with radiology and thoracic diseases doctors. patients suffering from discomfort are individually evaluated. Radiographs are checked up and diagnosed, more reliable and scientific decisions are made for therapeutic purposes. Additionally, patients undergoing surgery are checked up as films taken during follow-up are on this board.
Every week, thoracic diseases, medical oncology, pathology, nuclear medicine and radiation oncology treatment. Oncology patients who have undergone operations in this board, a review of diagnostic and operating methods and postoperative conditions are passed. The pathological results of the patients are checked in detail and the relevant doctors whether additional treatment (chemotherapy or radiotherapy) is needed or not, planning the medications that can be used or radiotherapy and current and scientific data is determined based on the need.
Diseases and treatments
- Lung abscess
- Lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Lung metastasis
- Lung nodules
- Diaphragm diseases
- Chest wall tumors
- Congenital anomalies of the chest wall
- Airway narrowing (trachea) and tumors
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Mediastinal abscesses
- Mediastinal tumors
- Pleural diseases
- Undiagnosed mediastinum groups
- Esophageal cancer
- Inspection and applications
- Lung surgery
- Lung film
- Tracheal Ultrasonography
- Pleural biopsy
- Pulmonary function test (PFT)
The diseases that the thoracic surgery branch frequently treats include:
- Lung cancer
- Lung cancer (mesothelioma)
- Esophageal tumors
- Airway narrowing
- Advanced emphysema
- Pulmonary laceration (Pneumothorax)
- Chest deformities (collapsed or prominent thoracic basket)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Chest injuries (stabbing, bullets, traffic accident, or fall due to causes such as fractures, bleeding, or organ injuries)
- Hernia in the neighboring organs of the diaphragm
- Excessive sweating of the hands (Hyperhidrosis) by thoracic surgery methods
Surgeries are performed for the diagnosis or treatment of many diseases.
How is thoracic surgery performed?
Some surgeries are only performed with local anesthesia, when the patient is awake and small incisions are made.
Some operations under general anesthesia (complete anesthesia) and anterior or lateral chest with larger incisions. However, many laparoscopic surgery (closed) without small incisions are also possible.
There is a tendency to perform surgeries around the world by this way. Because in this way, the patient experiences less pain after operations and recovery is faster.
In hospital, closed surgical operations must be performed in the chest as much as possible intended to use robotic surgical systems.
For inquiries and medical advice about your treatment, “You just have to send all the medical information, tests, analyzes and written information about the condition of the disease, etc. by via social media, whats app and viber or you can directly contact our consultants via the numbers on the site.
After taking all the information required, we will assess the condition of the disease within only 48 hours of receiving your information and will provide you with all information about the treatment plan, details of treatment, treatment costs, duration of stay in Turkey and other services in our center.